Why are we back in Minecraft when its renaissance was half a year ago? Well, why not? It’s a beloved game for a reason. Besides, it’s not like its fans would just stop playing it altogether. In fact, how much do you want to bet that Mojang is working on many more updates right now? I bet once Pewdiepie returns from his break, he’s going to play it again. Either because of the updates, for nostalgia purposes or simply because he misses his Minecraft dog, Sven.
The point is, the game is open-world. It’s been alive for ten years or something and that means there are so many tips and tricks to get around it or just to make things interesting in the game.
So what are these Minecraft tricks?
- Place torches on crafting tables (because you can)
- Place blocks next to a torch (logic doesn’t work in Minecraft)
- Stacking signs (for inventory cleanliness)
- Hey, wooden slabs are flame-resistant
- Lave buckets exist
- The best diamond level is Y-11 (you can find diamonds on Y-16 but 11 is the best)
- To farm gravel or sand blocks, use torches
- You can zombie-proof your door using fences
- It’s safe to be in Mushroom Biomes at night because they don’t spawn there (unless there’s a Spawner nearby)
- Pumpkin head for aesthetic purposes (also Endermen don’t attack you if you wear one)
- Get yourself some Iron Golem bodyguards for your base
- Cats are afraid of Creepers!
- Take torches underwater to help you breathe (place them on a block and stand near)
- Snowballs weaken the Blaze
- Infinite water using a 2-by-2 square and two buckets of water
- Don’t make golden tools anymore (gold is better off made as golden apples)
- Carry water buckets all the time for safety (in case, you know, you catch fire from lava)
- Bonemeal to buff up your crops!
- Charcoal can replace coal
- Find Mob Spawners for safety and for farming purposes
- DON’T SLEEP IN THE NETHER (R.I.P if you do)
- Hold down crouch when walking on the edge of a block (it prevents you from falling)
- Milk a Mooshroom to get mushroom stew (again, logic?)
- Personalise dog collars by dyeing them in any colour your life!
- Cure zombie villagers to activate their trading post
All you Minecraft veterans probably already know all of these (or if you’re like me you just watched Pewdiepie’s and Jacksepticeye’s entire Minecraft series) but this is mostly for those who are just starting and are bothering to actually learn the game itself. It doesn’t hurt to give tricks and tips, after all. Might as well help them out, you know? So they can beat the Enderdragon and finally get an Elytra. Those let you fly, you know?